any good jetty spots northside?

lollybolls

Hi I'm new.

I'm a mum and often fish with my son around Woody Point, Sandgate, Hornibrook Bridge etc but usually we only get tiddlers and rarely anything legal to keep.

Does anyone know of any good local spots northside where you can get the occasional adult fish? We use light 2 kg lines so we're looking for bream or whiting mainly. I pump for fresh yabbies for bait usually. We don't have a boat and I get seasick so boating trips are out. But any advice appreciated.

G'Day lollybolls

Where your fishing now is fine but maybe try to fish at night time or just on dark or morning is befor 8:00am and fish with the tides.

Fishing the rock walls at woody point is the go for bream and flathead where you have rock and sand.

Also try other baits as well.

Guest IcEkNiGhT

try around the pineriver channel on the hornibrook. using soft plasics or lightly weighted white bait move them along the bottom slowly you will pick up heaps of flathead and bream :) winter time try the pine channel on the bridge with whole pilchards unweighted and catch all the tailor you want.

Hi Lollybolls,

I fish at the deep water bend reserve on the Pine river and in numerous spots from the mouth of Breaky Creek right up to Boggy Creek & the sewerage treatment plant outlet (but I don't keep or eat anything from there !). Stingray is right - after dark is usually better. I just usually grab the ubd and have a look and then go for a drive exploring. I use Google earth to get a general idea of the layout of an area. You can sometimes see things like boat ramps, jettys, bridges etc with Google Earth but be aware the pics can be a bit old.

Good Luck :-)

Pete

Archived