Land based at Dohles Rocks

Bluevien

I'm planning on land based fishing at a new spot like Dohles Rocks early morning this Tuesday around the high tide mark. All I know about it is what little I have read here. On google earth I see a boat ramp off Dohles Rocks road so was going to head further down to the end of the road and fish somewhere there. Any tips, other locations around the area or helpful landmarks I should keep my eye out for would be much appreciated. I'll try some soft plastics to start with but may have some frozen prawns as a back up.

And any recent success stories would be great to hear too although with all the rain I know it may be hit and miss.

Thanks and cheers.

Yeah mate it's a good little spot but I think you would have a lot more luck fishing the low tide

I'm pretty sure you can't get around there at high or if you can you might get stuck

I have caught flatties and bream there but a good rule of thumb for checking out new spots is go at low so you can really understand the area

Hope this helps:)

yeh the low tide flicking plastics off the rocks has produced a few bream, a couple of stonker ones, and some really good size flathead

only downside is you need to be prepared to get a few snags espicially if its a first time, after a few trips you'll figure out where you can cast without getting snagged

Go upstream about 30 yards from the boat ramp, that small outcrop of rock there is Dohles Rocks, worth fishing over the rocks themselves. Downstream it just gets progressively shallower, as the main channel goes to the other side of the river. Worth walking the flats east of the end of the road.

Archived