Bribie Island abt comp results

Cando

Rocket75 wrote:

good work Noel, what was the fishing like? best lures on the day?

Rocket

Rocket no reel lure for the weekend for me... we just worked the weed banks with hards and softie's atonic hardz so on... I tanked day1... lol I just could pin them and only got 3.. my nonboater got 5.. got alot of flatie tho.. day 2 I got back on track and got the 5.. We were finhing tea coloured water but the fish were still there, you just had to work a bit harder for them...

Noel

Mack_attack wrote:

Well done guys:)

What weight did you get? Also what tackle were you using?

atonic hardz in the white, and the clean brown strip,, don't no the colour no. 1/28 and 1/40 tt jigheads gulp newpenny and oldpenny in the atonic range were the 1's that did it for me

Noel

Mack_attack wrote:

nice gear, atm i've got a smith bayliner 7'9" 3-5lb and a sol2500 but looking to get a luvius 2000 and luvius 2-6lb rod. The bayliner is awesome for casting and flats work but i'm looking for something a little shorter.

If you mean a loomis 2-6.... ie a dsr 8200 6'10 try allround angler at caboolture... tell them noel sent ya

Noel

Cando wrote:

Mack_attack wrote:
nice gear, atm i've got a smith bayliner 7'9" 3-5lb and a sol2500 but looking to get a luvius 2000 and luvius 2-6lb rod. The bayliner is awesome for casting and flats work but i'm looking for something a little shorter.

If you mean a loomis 2-6.... ie a dsr 8200 6'10 try allround angler at caboolture... tell them noel sent ya

Noel

Nah i really like the 2-6lb luvius, very light and responsive...and has a ratchet reel seat :woohoo: :laugh: http://motackle.com.au/index.cfm?pr=product&product_id=4564

Thanks guys,

Glad to finally win one of these comps :laugh:

Well done Noel on your 7th place.

Apparently the fishing was tough.. I wouldnt know? :P I had 2 great days of fishing with Jason Seaton and Anthony Wishey. Basically fished shallow weed flats all weekend.

Cheers

nabs wrote:

Thanks guys,

Glad to finally win one of these comps :laugh:

Well done Noel on your 7th place.

Apparently the fishing was tough.. I wouldnt know? :P I had 2 great days of fishing with Jason Seaton and Anthony Wishey. Basically fished shallow weed flats all weekend.

Cheers

thanks mate.......... but yuo got no. 1 for nonboaters so top job!!;)

I fish the weed banks as well,,,,, just could not pin them on the first day, only got 3!! but my nonboater did get 5 :blush: lol..the bigest bags came out of the passage, so it's not a bad place to get bream ;)

Noel

Archived