where should i go to catch those recent trevally

jackman60

not too sure if they are worth targetting yet in the river, all the ones ive seen caught have been tiddlers and few and far between also

maybe with time they will get bigger and more common, then i guess the usual places like bridges, rocks etc

but if you wanna catch trevs i would head either north or south to the coastal rivers, noosa/coomera/nerang etc

• 1 month later...

Hey there, as you would know trevs come in spurts and can be pretty unpredictable. I caught a 15 kilo gt last week at curtain reef @ moreton....didnt cast straight into the rref but on the outskirts. Used a medley of squid and pilchards on a classic snapper rig...squid for the pickers and pilly for the bigger fish. The trev above took me 15 mins to bring in, mainly cause you have to tire them out and make sure you have lots of line......but watch out at the end as they go sideways and thats where they pick up their fight again. Good luck! :-)

zeppelin wrote:

HEY THERE, AS YOU WOULD KNOW TREVS COME IN SPURTS AND CAN BE PRETTY UNPREDICTABLE. I CAUGHT A 15 KILO GT LAST WEEK AT CURTAIN REEF @ MORETON....DIDNT CAST STRAIGHT INTO THE RREF BUT ON THE OUTSKIRTS. USED A MEDLEY OF SQUID AND PILCHARDS ON A CLASSIC SNAPPER RIG...SQUID FOR THE PICKERS AND PILLY FOR THE BIGGER FISH. THE TREV ABOVE TOOK ME 15 MINS TO BRING IN, MAINLY CAUSE YOU HAVE TO TIRE THEM OUT AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE LOTS OF LINE......BUT WATCH OUT AT THE END AS THEY GO SIDEWAYS AND THATS WHERE THEY PICK UP THEIR FIGHT AGAIN. GOOD LUCK! :-)

NO NEED TO YELL! :laugh:

take ya caps lock off dude ;)

Archived