bald hills ?

Fisherjoe

Yeah, Hulk has got a few fish there land based, I had a fish there on Sunday for the Pirtek, but it was still so fresh it was not funny!

You can wander a fair way in to the park for bank fishing opportunities there.

Its part of the South Pine River.

yeah i found it today while doing a security patrol in the area and spotted the boat ramp sign and decided to waste a bit of time to check it out it was lowtide and i was surprised to find that the flats around it are solid enough to walk on without getting muddy shoes :)

Mate it must be in the air... I was down there myself having a look around after picking my young fella up from school.

Spoke to a mate last night and he reckons you pull some good flaties outta there. Apparently he picked up a 2.5 kilo grunter on Saturday for Pirtek that Feral was talking about.

I think I'll give it a crack.

Brett

I have managed to pull in a small jewfish, some large catties,dropped some flatties and get good size bream around 30cm or so.With the bream i have found the incoming tide to be best.I usually start on the flats on the right of the boat ramp and work my way with the tide.Haven't fished it for a while but has always been good to me.

Hulk

top spot plenty of land based options it my local where i launch my boat not as busy as deep water bend. heaps of live bait there. species i got there are heaps of catties but what can you do? get past them and theres flatties,bream,small cods,sharks,rays, small jewies,even little queenies. you might even get smashed up by a jack i got a 58cm monster that hit like a freight train just around the corner from there! so good luck to any one givin it a go but wait another week or so for the fresh to go as there isnt much flow up there. cheers

Archived