Help Me Catch a Bass

Devster

Hi There

I'm new to this site but not new to fishing.

I love fishing but am still only an amature as I don't get to go out much. (hoping to change that)

My goal this year is to catch a bass!!!

I've been out to Lake Samsonvale (North Pine Dam) but have only managed to catch a 52cm yellowbelly. (Which I was very excited about as it was my first one, and I only used a $5 lure from BCF)

I have been several times since but to no avail :(

I have upgraded some of my gear to include a new PFlueger Trion Graphite Rod & a PFlueger trinity reel with 14lb Stren Sonic Braid.

I have purchased some spinner baits with stinger hooks (2 purple and one gold), A Jitterbug, Huskyjerk, Baby Crank, Lipless Crank and some other cheap lures.

I have tried all and at various locations around Bullocky Rest, McGavin View & Forgans Cove but nothing other than the yellowbelly.

As I don't have a boat I am limited to the shore so I would love to meet some new people and be a deckhand to those who would be willing to take me out.

In my line of work I don't get to go out Sunday's much but I do have Tuesdays off.

I live in Samford so I'm not too far away from the northside.

If there is someone out there who would be willing to teach me the art of catching a bass I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers Devster

Welcome aboard Dev!

I reckon that you'l have a bass to add to that yella soon.

If you keep an eye out on the "going fishing" posts you will sometimes see those decky spots advertised, quite often they are fairly short notice, but they will be there.

Look forward to hearing how you get on.

rocket

Archived