theokri

if your boat is bigger enough to go offshore you will do all right.That river up there can be real hit and miss.as for the crabs people check ya pots.best spot for camping is in the eurimbula national park it is very isolated and you do need a fouby to get in there the tracks are good enough that you can tow a boat 6mtrs in length no worries there clay tracks for most of it. and good fishing to be had.

mate werever u go ur pots will be checked and possibly knocked off. i found the only way u will succesffully get some crabs is by working your dillies or sitting on ur pots for 6 hours. i prefer working dillies as pots a boring as f@*k the best place for fishing would be off any sand bank before the trawlers come through. the sandbanks fish extremily well for dart flathead and whiting. i also found that the best bait for the sandbanks are soldier crabs.

good luck

try spinning the catwalk. which is the rocks at the front of round hill head. big spanish, tuna and huge queenies are always caught here. drop in and see tony at agnes bait and and tackle, spend a few dollars there and he will steer you in the right direction mate. and tell him darren says hello

Archived