Jindalee, FTP outing with the lady

David!

Used to do some pretty serious fishing down south - snowy mountains, blue water hole etc .. but haven't been fishing in years.

Moved to jindalee recently - unpacked all my old gear and today me and the (far) better half will be hitting up the Jindalee pontoons (boat ramp and the nice DFO one) and probably the ramp over at Mandalay park in FTP.

Went fishing at the DFO pontoon last weekend, a LOT of snags. No significant bites but the current was ridiculously strong.

We'll be using bait, whatever's cheap at the fish shop in Mt Om, or failing that the servo prawn.

Not expecting to catch anything but would love my partner to land something, even pike eel or catfish.

Will post back with the results later I guess.

I got a dozen live prawns at oxleyt creek last evenin,

only got a cattie but thats ok, catties are always around, I have caught catties at one spot one night, then the next night landed good cod and threadies.

try castnetting a few prawns but use a mono cast net , the nylon castnets are shit and trying to cast them wet is like throwing 6 wet towels.

cheers

DFO pontoon can be hit and miss.

i have got jew ,bream there .

and heaps of cat fish some big cat fish too.

but its not a bad spot i reckon .nice if u can get the whole pontoon to yourself or your group.

heap of structure and mangroves about ,u can float baits in the current down to the bridge on a incoming tide .fish straight under the pontoon for bream and toad fish.

heap of snags too .guess it's a shopping trolley grave yard.

Archived