newstead park (05-04-07)

reef_raider

well decided to go for a fish yesty with tha girl and her dad wanted to spend a bit more time with us so we invited him along and that way we had a ride there :P

got there around 10ish rigged up the three rods and out they went... not long after my gf goes to her dad and told him that if you flick the baitrunner switch down u can just put your rod in something and walk away instead of holding it, so he flicked it down and within a second he was on... it was putting up a good fight but was an obvious catfish, got it in and it went around the 55-60cm mark... not long after zzzzzzzzz my rod goes off another catfish around that size... then zzzzzz my gf's rod goes off and another one around the same size...

then nothing for about half an hour and then lost two fish before zzzzzzzzzz finally my rod goes off again but this time i was down on the rocks flicking sx40s (which i landed 1 little cod) so i ended up half over the fence trying to wind it in which wasnt the cumfiest position ANOTHER catfish around the same size... except this little bugger thought he'd try stabbing me while i was getting the hook out and ended up with a nice little hole along side my knuckle, it went in about 2cm and ill tell ya iv been in much more pain before but this still hurt! so finally got him back in and the my gf got one more and at around 12:30 we decided it was time to head off for lunch.

tally: jake- 2 catties, a litle cod and a bloody sore hand!

madi- 2 catties

craig- 1 cattie

Archived