NPD 3/3/10

rayke1938

Went to dam this morning. The water level is still very high with the snag in front of the ramp under water.

The level has dropped a few inches but still has a long way to go. Here is a photo of the high tide mark on the ramp.

P3030150AFO-1.jpg

You can see how dirty the water is.

I wonder why SEQ is calling the level at 100% when they show other dams at over capacity.

The water around the ramp and Koala Straight is dirty but still clear down near the island. I suppose it will be dirty there tomorrow.

Torrential rain for the first hour then it fined up to intermittent showers.

Only caught 2 bass on bait near the island but had to vamoose around 9.30 when the wind started to get up.

Got to use my new fish measure. It worked very well.

P3030149AFO.jpg

The white background shows up the fish very well in photos.

Got the usual feed of redclaw catch was down a bit due to pots being unattended for a few days but got some good ones on the way back.

May have to go back tomorrow to try out my new Gidgees that I am picking up tonight. :blush:

Cheers

Ray

Just moved to Ipswich from Sydney and for this year I thought I will take up fishing for the first time. So armed with second hand fishing gear I thought I might give NPD a go this weekend, however, not really sure which spot on the NPD to start my fishing adventure. Will it be worth my time going to NPD tomorrow with all the rain we've been having?

cardd22 wrote:

Just moved to Ipswich from Sydney and for this year I thought I will take up fishing for the first time. So armed with second hand fishing gear I thought I might give NPD a go this weekend, however, not really sure which spot on the NPD to start my fishing adventure. Will it be worth my time going to NPD tomorrow with all the rain we've been having?

Hey mate, might pay to put this in a seperate thread so more people can see it.

Cheers Jono

Archived