Brisbane River Mouth Tuesday Night

Beejay

Hey guys, Just thought I would share this, I fished the river mouth Tuesday night from about 5pm to 10pm, the action was hot. There were hardy heads spraying everywhere being chased by some good sized chopper tailor.

Ive never seen so much action on a sounder. We fished about 500 meters past the last crane on the right hand side going out and anchored about 50 meters from the little dredger in between that and the channel.

Ended up with a mixed bag of Tailor and some good sized flathead all 40+ x 4 and 35+ tailor x 4.

Got a heap of small squire but they all went back, and the catfish out numbered all our other fish. Was hoping to get onto one of wes,s big snapper or a thready but it wasnt to be, but we got 4 good hours of bites so it was a change from the last trip in the river.

Sorry I have no photos but I left my camera at home.

We used WA pilchards and squid for bait and caught majority on the pilchards. Flicked some plastics around early while there was still light but only got a couple of small touches. I had the tailor and flathead grilled for lunch on wednesday and it tasted great. Hope this helps....Cheers Beejay

Archived