Just a quick hello

David88

Hey guys,

I've been a member of AFO for quite some time now but for some reason I end up reading all the forums but never posting in any of them! Over the last couple of weeks though I've been engrossed in the site. I make time to go fishing about 3 or 4 times a week for a good lengthy session somewhere in the Redlands. Now the problem I'm facing is that even though my stepdad owns a boat, he never heads out and even worse still, won't let me take it out!

Don't want to sound like a jerk but I'd absolutely love the opportunity to head out in the bay or offshore or anywhere really if anybody would be keen to take on a spare deckie? I'm 22 and a pretty easy going fella, am super keen and have plenty of gear and a bit of knowledge. Seems as though the guys on this site seem to interact with each other and know each other fairly well, to be honest i really don't know anyone on here but would like to change that. :)

Have a good one fellas, good luck with the MBC and may your bait be nervous!

Welcome to the site David :)

Like Daveylad said, the best way is to just get involved. If you miss this MBC, there are plenty of other chances to meet more AFO people at socials and other comps. 90% of the guys you see here talking to each other like they've been mates forever have actually only met through here, so you're in with good chances to meet some other crazy fisho's.

100% of the people I fish with now are from AFO :)

Welcome aboard mate.

The previous answers have hit the nail on the head.

Get involved!

A lot of these guys on the site sound like they know each other well, and they do. But very very few of them did before meeting on here in the first place. By turning up to a few meet and greets, socials or taking a random deckie spot etc, you will ensure fast friends for sure.

Cheers mate.

Angus

Wow guys, i truly am overwhelmed by the good vibes coming from this place. Will definitely be seeing you at some function in the near future. Thanks for the compliments Brad, and thanks also to Dave for the consideration. It's good to know that there are people in Brisbane as fish-mad as I am!

Went out for a fish last night, my mate got half a dozen Whiting, one went 35cm. Was a horse of a fish. Got a nice bag of Bream for myself, averaging around 30cm, one went 42 which is a PB for me. The cold weather brings the bigger Bream out from hiding, that's for sure, especially at night.

Have a good one guys.

Wowzors very nice bream catch! must have been a good fight ahah yeah bro ive just recently join and have noticed that this place is very charming we all look after each other and that its like a second family :) woo woooo fishing rules! and im out! :lol:

welcome to the site Dave

i am local to the Cleveland/v-point area

do a bit of fishing around the canals and wello point

its a great site and the guys are extremely helpful

stacks of info supplied by everyone

col

Thanks guys, sounds pretty good to me. I live in Cleveland, close to the water, just a bit down from Oyster Point, though i fish mostly around the canal entrances, the harbour and around the Redlands a bit (Viccy Point, Wello, Lota etc.). I spend a LOT of time fishing, it seems as soon as I'm just about ready to head off, I catch a nice fish or a good hit and it keeps my line in the water, for a little while at least :lol:

Archived