Fishing Spots.

Miss Munchkin

Hey guys,

Needing a little help for the moment, untill Im actually able to walk again properly as Im still on the crutches but does anyone know of any spots where you can sit down and fish? Went fishing last saturday at a spot where we knew I could sit down at but would rather fish somewhere else.

If anyone could give me a few spots that I may be able to try whilst Im still partially disabled (due to lack of usage of one leg)

Just asking as Im still not totally sure how much longer it will take for my foot to heal properly... Hopefully its not to much longer but I still want to fish!

Cheers,

Miss M

There's a little spot on the tinny creek with seating and rod holders and such. Its in gumdale, I'll have to get moparkev to remind me of the street its on because I always get it wrong :laugh:

I've only ever seen it from the water, there's a good little hole well within casting distance of it.

Miss Munchkin wrote:

@ qbkami: Is that at morning side park? or is it up further along and are there seats there?

nah up a bit further closer to the Gateway bridge yeah seat are there but they are a bit back from the end of the jetty and im not sure if the roof allows you to stand you rod in it... its quiet nice the roof structure but its set in where there is alot of mangroves so careful of the mozzies at night if there is any since its its getting cold nights

Miss Munchkin wrote:

Cheers so far for the tips guys, please keep them comming. Does anyone know about bulimba park along the Brissy River? and if there are any seats there?

There is a spot south of the Bulimba ferry terminal, at the end where the riverside walk stops. Right before the park there's a bench there.

Cast infront of the trees to the left of the bench.

Could also try kangaroo point cliffs. There are a couple of spots there, 1 from a little wodden jetty, with benches, heading towards the cliffs from southbank right where the wall climbing section starts there's one of those picnic tables.

Get well soon.

You could always take a deck chair to the park at the end of quay st at bulimba. Have done it plenty of times myself. Good spot for livies at the boat ramp and plenty of people on this site have picked up threadies and all sorts there...

I went down to bulimba the other night just up river from the ferry station is a riverside pathway with "sticky outy bits" each have seats pretty close to the edge ? Casting would be no probs , may need some assistance on reeling in ??

paste this into google maps

Cheers good luck..

Don`t know what it`s like now ,when the clan was younger we used to occassionally take them down to Decker Park at Brighton and fish an hour before and after the high tide for reasonable,legal sized bream,whiting and flatthead.

You were able to set up at the concrete retaining wall(take a fold up chair),there were toilets,tables and benches (maybe BBQ`s)and parking at the park.

@Shortie: Hmm, tempting but I dont think I would be able to do it at the moment, maybe a bit later on :)

@74fpv: Did you catch much the other night?

I think Mr Felix and I are deciding to possibly try bulimba in the morning Friday. Now what tide would be the best to go on... I've been told the incoming tide always, the run out or an hour each side of low... What do other people recomend for the brisbane river?

2 hours before and after is always good. I usually start getting bites an hour before and after at Bulimba, bites really stop 2 hours after the tide.

Though 2 of my best fish at that spot was actually caught during low low tide... that's fishing for ya.

Archived