tips on fishing the mouth of breakfast creek

fishingfon

Hi, I will be going fishing at the mouth of breakfast creek this weekend to try and get some sharks, cod, and Jew, please can one tell me where the best spot is and any tips on rigs, bait, tide, and that kind of thing will be greatly appreciated

Thanks a Lot Corey

I sent you a pm with some info.

and do a search on some recent breakfast creek catches, you wont have to look far.

But as far as rig goes use a 20-30lb leader on 14-20lb line (don't go in with 8lb bream mono and a long-shank because you will get owned).

Swivel (optional), medium sinker, 60 cm leader and a good strong hook like a N0 2 or 3 circle hook.

Cheers

Hey guys, we've been having a fair bit of luck at brekky creek on the hard bodies and plastics but live baits work extremely well there too. If your handy with a cast net, head over to the jetty on the right and you'll get yourselves a couple of live prawns and the odd herring to rig up.

We've seen a fair few guys pull up massive threadies off of that jetty on the slack high tide. Rig up a few live prawns and head over to the little seat just under the hut thing and launch it as far out as you can. Jewies and Grunters and all sorts can be caught there either side of the low tide. Hope that helps?

fishingfon wrote:

Thanks grate help, hook_on_trout as for hook size do you mean 2 to 3 or 2/0 to 3/0

Thanks all

I think they just call them size 2 or 3.

Here is a link, check out the style of hook, size 3 or 4 should do you.

Go the circle Octopus or the circle Nautilus.

Once you see them you will be able to use other similar hooks, that will also work.

CLICK HERE

Yes they are expensive so if you can find a cheaper Big W Mustad alternative, you should be fine.

Cheers

Archived