Green Island Great White???!!!!

Fangdangle

Ok. I guess no one has heard about the G.Is.G.W then.

Just checking. My family has been in Wellington Point for 40 odd years now and my oldest bro has been a pro fisherman for 25 years and only did a couple of years in Morton bay, but I still se some of his old mates that are still crabbers here and they have some hell sets of jaws mainly from tigers, but will tell you that there is no shortage of whites in the southern bay areas either.

I thought I had seen big tigers before, but the biggest mumma I have ever seen followed our crab pot up.

If you go down to the jetty at Wello, you will see mangroves to the south that come to a point just before the mouth of Hilliards creek, that's where she was. Things get bigger in memory,and in the water, but she was a monster around 12-15 feet.

Apparently the stretch between ormiston/wello and peel Is. is a pretty popular spot for sharks to hang out.

Stopped jetty jumping after that to b.t.w!

I guess they probably come into that grassy area for stingrays and crabs. I always try to be sharkwise around wello in the kayak, they certainly are more common than the kitesurfers think! I got buzzed once by one about 4 ft, don't know what sp. but as I was going past a kitey in chest deep water I told him there was a shark about 20m. back, and the dick scoffed at me and said some sarcastic thing.

Oh well. Probably thought stonefish were mythical creatures too:blink: Oh and the blue ring whatctopus?

Archived