What Propeller?

matsmad

Hi guys. Ive currently got an 11ft Stessl with a 2000 model 25hp 2 stroke tohatsu. It came with a 4 blade stainless prop 10" x 10p. It revs out very fast and im worring about damaging the motor. I think a 3 blade alloy prop would be better suited, but dont know what size/pitch to get for the motor to operate in the best rpm range. Any suggestions on how to choose one? Cheers.

My advice is to speak to the guys at solas propellers, details are on the net.

They have helped me and lot of other guys on this site. They are very helpfull and will help you to get the best out of your boat and motor and they usually offer a return policy so if the prop dosent improve your boats performance you can usually return it and get another to try for no cost except postage, as long as its not damaged i should add

By the sounds of it I think that outboard has heaps of nuts to be able to push a 4 blade prop :woohoo: B) what a weapon

I would tend to think that if ya toey pushes a 10"x10p 4 blade and it revs real hard.I would think that it would push 10,3/8"x13p or even a 12p would be good as you dont loose your hole shot yet maintain good top end performace. also depends on what the gearbox ratio is??? 1.92:1? if its a lower ratio you might be able to run a 10x14.2 (which is rather large) quite comfortably.still get some profesional advise but I'd be hunting down one of the above props. :)

mick

This seems like the most accurate site. Just input your motor type and boat weight etc and it does the rest!

/>http://www.watercraftservices.com/Propwiz.php?pageID=propWizard.php&locationID=1&option=calculate&selectionID=137096_fqTOBUkz6Be&boatType=5&boatLength=11&boatNetWeight=150&noBoat=1&boatPeopleWeight=2&boatFuelWeight=4&boatGearWeight=20&motorNumEngines=1&boatAltitude=1&waterSports=1&cruising=1#pitch

Cheers guys :cheer:

matsmad wrote:

This seems like the most accurate site. Just input your motor type and boat weight etc and it does the rest!

/>http://www.watercraftservices.com/Propwiz.php?pageID=propWizard.php&locationID=1&option=calculate&selectionID=137096_fqTOBUkz6Be&boatType=5&boatLength=11&boatNetWeight=150&noBoat=1&boatPeopleWeight=2&boatFuelWeight=4&boatGearWeight=20&motorNumEngines=1&boatAltitude=1&waterSports=1&cruising=1#pitch

Cheers guys :cheer:

Humm thats cool. so what was the end result? what did it say the most suited prop is for ya boat matt?

mick

Archived