Saratoga on Cape York.

Al R

G'day My name is Alan Rogers and I have started a fishing and hunting business on Cape York and thought that your members would be interested in what we have to offer. We can do fully catered, fly in fly out packages or 4wd Tag along style fishing tours. The fishing really is something special right in front of our camp. The sooty grunter are as big as they come, the archer fish and tarpon also put in a regular appearance but the stars of the show are the monster Saratoga .(up to 84 cm so far) In a 3 day session on poppers leading up to the last new moon we landed over 60 Saratoga. The biggest this trip was 82 cm and weighed in just under 4 kg. The amount of strikes that didn't hold kept you on edge in between the good hook ups. As we have not had any fly fisherman come away with us, and it really is a fly fishing paradise with fish regularly visible cruising the shallows, I would be very happy to see some of your members enjoying the fishing we have to offer. Due to the location being locked up and inaccessible for many years the pig and scrub bull population is also second to none.

If you have any enquiries please don't hesitate to contact me.

PH. (07) 40 696 697.

E mail. alrogers@hotmail.com.au small_copy.jpg

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. It really is like nothing I've ever seen anywhere on Cape York or anywhere for that matter. Numbers and size. Insurance is all good... No salties as of yet Dan and I have encouraged my dogs to swim in all the water holes, so far so good. But as with anywhere on Cape York, you should always expect one, lots of freshies but...I'm taking the owner of our local tackle shop up in a weeks time, so I'll post some pics and video. 20090815144148257.jpg

Archived