Landbase spot for this Sat?

kakaryan

I am free on this Sat, and planning to flick lures at the afternoon rising tide.

Any mates hv suggestions where to go? Need to be landbase, can go a bit further around Brisbane if there is public transport.

I hv recently tried all my spots that I usually go or had went before, but not much luck. Most of them are still very silent, or only got a single bite in whole day. :angry:

Would Goldcoast be better at the momment? If I have the time for travel I can also think about it.

Thanks.

Cleveland/Raby Bay? I have never really given a go myself but whenever I drive to the Cleveland ferry I eye off the many various land based access points to the canals around that area...

Failing that try along the Brisbane River from Brekky Creek heading downstream to Bretts Wharf. Dont see many people giving it a go but there is plenty of fish there.

Angus

For flicking plastics around head over to Dunwich cost $11 return on the barge and you'll catch more fish there in one session than you will in five years at Raby Bay. You could even catch the bus to Point Lookout and try there or head down to one of the beaches and try for some Bream. Also you could try the Victoria Point and Redland Bay foreshores for a Flathead or two. Other than that I usually head south or north of Brisbane to catch anything decent landbased. Also school holidays are starting so it's going to be harder to find somewhere quiet to fish over th next two weeks. Good Luck

PlasticFantastic (Mark)

Thanks mates.

Augus. I hv tried the breakfast creek last week but not even a single bite. I usually prefer the pathway between bretts wharf and portside wharf which is a bit better. I caught a flounder there yesterday,yea, but only got one bite for hours. :P

PlasticFantastic. I hv seen the reports of Dunwich seems very nice. Mates caught trevallies and even kingies there. :woohoo: For landbase is it just fish around the jetty? This Sat seems going to rain, maybe I'll try there on Mon.

kakaryan wrote:

Thanks mates.

Augus. I hv tried the breakfast creek last week but not even a single bite. I usually prefer the pathway between bretts wharf and portside wharf which is a bit better. I caught a flounder there yesterday,yea, but only got one bite for hours. :P

PlasticFantastic. I hv seen the reports of Dunwich seems very nice. Mates caught trevallies and even kingies there. :woohoo: For landbase is it just fish around the jetty? This Sat seems going to rain, maybe I'll try there on Mon.

If you go monday ill meet up with you for a flick.

Angus

Looks cloudy maybe some light showers.

I should be heading out around Brisbane as well. Was thinking either my with bait at Bulimba or maybe Manly to flick some lures.

Looked at some of the freshwater posts... tempting to try some bass and yellas as well but being stuck with public transport makes it a lil difficult

Angus wrote:

kakaryan wrote:
Thanks mates.

If you go monday ill meet up with you for a flick.

Angus

What time will you be there Angus? There will be low tide at noon. Will you fish the incoming or outgoing tide? Will the prime time be just before and after full tide?

I just check the weather forecast that Mon will probably have some showers too. Maybe I will go tomorrow if the weather is fine when I wake up. ;)

Archived