wanted 200hp

faulked

a friend of mine is after a 200hp motor to suit his 25ft tinny he currently has a newish 140hp tohatsu but it doesnt go hard enough so an upgrade is in order .so does anyone know of a near new or a good deal on a new 200hp motor so far his best price is 16800 for a 200hp mariner at tully? i think he said he lives on magnetic island so getting around chasing deals is hard .

any and all advice is very welcome

thanks jason :)

just so happens a friend has just bought a 680 haines patriot and he already has a 625 cruisy with a 200 opti on it, think he was lookin at sellin it, it has been well looked after and is in like new condition, and never flogged either. i can ask em, and by the way, the mariner, was that a carby motor or efi series, the efi series are quite thirsty i have been told ? thats all

rob.

to be honest ive never seen the motor or boat i can find out though he was complaing about how thirsty it is as he has to drive it harder than hed like ill find out the details on his motor

how much is your friend chasing for the etec i recon it would be a great motor for him by the sound of things

get him to try a smaller prop on it, a friend tried thid , i thought he was off his head, as it's a 150 yammy on a very heavy seafarrer 6.0 victoy that weighs over 1600, boat only and still achieves 74 kph with a 15 inch prop, and with all the crap he carries i mean it's heavy, as in lucky if you could fit a spool of line in the sidepockets, front or back. worth a try.

Archived