Does Anyone Know Where I Can Get A Carbon Drag Washer For My Shimano Stradic Fl 1000

Brodie_S

I’ve looked all over the internet and only found 1 seller from the US on eBay that’s selling carbon drag washers for shimano stradic FL’s in the 1000 size but it would take way to long for them to come here . I was wondering if their is any Aussie dealers that are selling carbon drag washers precut for the Shimano Stradic FL 1000HG . The felt drag atm is a little rough it’s been through massive queenfish Mackrell GT giant lady fish and many more saltwater giants

2FD8CDBE-3967-4685-AAAB-F18066EC9E57.jpegPB queenfish on 6lb braid with the Stradic 1000

1 hour ago, wesfish said:

Clean felt washers in degreaser and put new grease in for now. Replace the lil washer under the spool with one of the ones in the box. This is usually the culprit to sticky drags as it wears all the drag pressure. 

I’ll have look I didn’t know they come with a spare drag washer in the box’s I’ll have a another look . Also There is only 1 drag washer in the 1000 size I looked up a tear down for the same model as mine

Just took apart the drag system the felt washer actually seems like it’s in good condition but there’s like no grease on it. I’ll just clean it and add a little bit of grease and it should help lmao there is like zero grease . And I know this isn’t a oiled drag system to it must have just run out 

6B9C965A-6DF7-4174-934F-304B85EF94B9.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Breaming with bro said:

I’ll have look I didn’t know they come with a spare drag washer in the box’s I’ll have a another look . Also There is only 1 drag washer in the 1000 size I looked up a tear down for the same model as mine

Shimano use to include a small oil tube and the small washers to adjust spool position for level line lay. I just checked my 1000 and seems to have all fitted. Maybe flip the top washer for a fresh surface. All ways good to clean this area and grease as it is exposed to sea air and sand. 

20201205_084656.jpg

20201205_084704.jpg

3 minutes ago, Breaming with bro said:

Just took apart the drag system the felt washer actually seems like it’s in good condition but there’s like no grease on it. I’ll just clean it and add a little bit of grease and it should help lmao there is like zero grease . And I know this isn’t a oiled drag system to it must have just run out 

6B9C965A-6DF7-4174-934F-304B85EF94B9.jpeg

Couple drops of oil on top of light grease will do the trick. 

17 minutes ago, wesfish said:

Couple drops of oil on top of light grease will do the trick. 

Yeah ended up soaking the metal washer and felt washer in water for a couple of seconds and I also wiped the old grease off the drag knob there was not much left on there anyway .then I applied some light drag grease on the felt washer the top metal washer and the drag knob rubber put it back to together and it feels a lot better