blades, sp's and bait at peel

madmullet

we headed out sunday morning around 5.30 in alrite conditions

planed to fish northern side of peel for squire, sweetine ect on plastics and blades. started of very very slow with only small fish coming aboard. so i decided to go to horse shoe bay to get some pike for live and dead baits.

after 30mins of throwing blades around we got around 30 pike. so we headed back around to hanlon light and anchored up. it was very very slow on the fishing side for the first 2 hrs and then my mate stack, his 650 penn went zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, he picked it up and lend back and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wind windzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. this went on for 10-15 and then reefed. :angry::angry::angry:

i was jigging blades while anchored while waiting for the liveis to go of when i got a dull heavy wait on the line, soi i wound it up and on the end of my blade was a green rope, so i pulled it up and on the end of it was a lead weighted burleigh cage..... score :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

we carried on fishing and it wasnt before long and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz hooked and up comes a fiesty whaler. after afew hrs playing with tidlers we pulled anchor and whats this, another rope, pulled the rope up and its a crab pot with no name,score :woohoo: :woohoo: . we managed 3 whalers and alot of greedy squire taking live and dead pike. all in all a good relaxing day on the bay and a smooth trip home

Archived