MARISTIKA's maiden voyage!

swabio

Well,

Decided today that prior to venturing out fishing, it would be a good idea to become acquainted with the yak before I loaded it up with all kinds of extraneous fishing gear to tangle myself up in!

So decided that we'd make a bit of a family affair of it, and loaded the yak and kids up and drove down to the GC broadwater in southport, and proceeded to get out there and pedal around.... My six year old daughter, whom I thought would not want a bar of the yak, was the one who pestered me the most for the first ride in the back......... she even wanted to ride in it from the carpark to the beach with her lifejacket on......... anyway I convinced here that she would be able to wait until we were in the water before hopping in.........

So down to the beach we went......... and launched "MARISTIKA", my trusty six year old decky on board, and we pedalled around for a while, she had a ball..............

Next on board was my 8yo son..........and off we went.......... pedalling around........

Both the kids had an absolute ball on the back, and also got a turn up front with dad to "drive"

On the second time out both kids wanted to come at once.......... so in the back they piled.......asking to go further out this time, and then were excited to go over the waves created by the boats out in the channel........ they also liked to jump out a few meters off the beach and "swim" or be towed in ..... overall it was a great afternoon with the family!

here are some pix from the day!

post-5868-144598611985_thumb.jpg

post-5868-144598611989_thumb.jpg

post-5868-144598611991_thumb.jpg

post-5868-144598611993_thumb.jpg

post-5868-144598611996_thumb.jpg

get your pedal fitness up and she will be waterskiing off that rear handle before you know it. :woohoo:

My little one enjoys sitting in the front hatch and dangling over the side splashing around, but he's not quite 1 yet. I would not trust him not to jump off the back

great looking rig mate

how did you get it on & off the roof racks ? Did you use a trolley or get someone

to give you a lift

can't wait to see it coated in fish

The Rack and Roll, with support leg........... the only way to lift that monster onto the roof!

Cool rig mate, would love to get one of those down the track. That is a great shot of your little girl getting towed.

Cheers,

Ryan.

The kids had a ball on it!

get your pedal fitness up and she will be waterskiing off that rear handle before you know it. :woohoo:

My little one enjoys sitting in the front hatch and dangling over the side splashing around, but he's not quite 1 yet. I would not trust him not to jump off the back

I will be trying to get the pedal fitness up :)

Archived