Austackle "King of Moreton Bay" Team Series

Orca

post-9073-144598617594_thumb.jpg

Austackle, in conjunction with Sundowners Fishing Club Inc and Capalaba Amateur Fishing Club is pleased to announce that entries are now open for the first round of the “Austackle King of Moreton Bay†Team Series. It is open to people of all ages and is a “Catch & Release Only†event. Both lures and Bait can be used.

Over $30,000 of prizes are on offer and local charities will be the beneficiary of this event.

For full details and to download entry forms please go to www.kingofmoretonbay.com.au

It would be really great to see some AFO teams enter this event. Kayaks and land based anglers are also able to enter.

KING OF MORETON BAY PRIZE LIST

(Each Qualifying Round)

1st Place 2 x Takeda Spin Combo & Austackle Prize Pack Valued at $1,000

2nd Place 2 x Camo Stik Spin Combo & Austackle Prize Pack Valued at $ 500

3rd Place 2 x Rhino Estuary Spin Combo & Austackle Prize Pack Valued at $ 250

4th Place Prize Pack Valued at $ 200

5th Place Prize Pack Valued at $ 175

6th Place Prize Pack Valued at $ 150

7th Place Prize Pack Valued at $ 125

8th Place Prize Pack Valued at $ 100

9th Place Prize Pack Valued at $ 75

10th Place Prize Pack Valued at $ 50

Highest Individual Points Scorer (Senior Male) Austackle Prize Pack Valued at $ 100

Highest Individual Points Scorer (Senior Female)Austackle Prize Pack Valued at $ 100

Highest Individual Points Scorer (Junior Male) Austackle Prize Pack Valued at $ 100

Highest Individual Points Scorer (Junior Female Austackle Prize Pack Valued at $ 100

PLUS

10 x Random Draw prizes which will include 6 month Free Subscriptions to Fishing Monthly magazine,

Clothing Packs, Gift Packs etc. Total Value of the Random Draws = $1,000

TOTAL PRIZE POOL FOR EACH QUALIFYING ROUND = $4,025

GRAND FINAL PRIZELIST

Will be similar to the above qualifying rounds with some additional random draws and trophies.

TOTAL EVENT PRIZE POOL WILL BE IN EXCESS OF $30,000

Prize

yes they are in the Overview section of trhe King of Moreton Bay website but i will list them below as well:

Overview

Australian Lure & Tackle Company Pty Ltd, in conjunction with Sundowners Fishing Club Inc and Capalaba Amateur Fishing Club, is proud to present the inaugural AUSTACKLE “KING OF MORETON BAY†TEAM SERIES. It is a ‘Catch & Release†tournament open to 2 person teams of all ages. It is targeted towards the “family†market rather than Tournament Pros. Geographically, the Greater Moreton Bay area can be split into 2 parts namely Moreton Bay itself (The Northern Bayâ€), and the Jumpinpin-Broadwater area (“The Southern Bayâ€). There is a qualifying series of competitions in each of those areas and then the top 30 teams from each come together for a Grand Final.

The Tournaments are named as follows:

AUSTACKLE KING OF THE NORTHERN BAY

AUSTACKLE KING OF THE SOUTHERN BAY

AUSTACKLE KING OF MORETON BAY (Overall Grand Final Champion)

Each Tournament has 3 species specific qualifying rounds namely:

Round 1 – Bream

Round 2 – Flathead

Round 3 – Whiting

Scores are calculated on a points basis.. All fish must be photographed on an official Austackle Tournament Ruler and points are then awarded according to the length of the fish.

TIMETABLE

KING OF THE NORTHERN BAY

Bream Sat Jul 2nd Round No 1NQ

Flathead Sat Sep 10th Round No 2NQ

Whiting Sat Oct 8th Round No 3NQ

KING OF THE SOUTHERN BAY

Bream Sat Jun 18th Round No 1SQ

Flathead Sat Sep 24th Round No 2SQ

Whiting Sat Oct 22rd Round No 3SQ

GRAND FINAL

Sat Nov 19 & Sun 20th

Any and/or all of the 3 species Round No 4GF

TOURNAMENT FISHING TIMES

Saturday Sessions 6am – 4pm

Sunday Session (Grand Final Only) 6am – 11am

ENTRY FEES

EACH QUALIFYING ROUND: Adults $40. Juniors (16 & Under) $20

GRAND FINAL: Adults $60. Juniors (16 & Under) $30

Cheers. That's a fair spread of dates !

well the idea is that it gives people the choice to fish in either the northern or southern qualifyers. You dont have to fish in both but there is nothing in the rules that prevents a team from doing so if they are trying to improve their chances of qualifying for the grand final.

Some other good news just to hand is that Suzuki and Haines Signature have just come on board as sponsors and will be supplying some great clothing packages which will form some of the lower placed prizes.

I will be working out which dates suit and try and make an appearance at at least a couple of the Bream and Flathead qualifiers for either the Northern or Southern bay.

yeah i know one of the dates of a qualifyer clashes with a AFO event

so with an event this big i guess entry forms are at tackle shops and advertised in bush n beach and the likes ?

might be in for this!

Will be advertised in Fishing Monthly from June edition onwards. Some tackle shops will have entry forms but they can be downloaded from the website - www.kingofmoretonbay.com.au

Just trying to picture the areas for Northern and Southern...I thought it would imply anywhere north of the Brisbane river and anywhere South of it , but apparently not ? ... Will maps be available with the entry forms ? ...Would Manly etc be classed as Northern by what I have read here ?...sorry to be confusing/confused...but it might affect what series I have to enter if I decide to do so

Just trying to picture the areas for Northern and Southern...I thought it would imply anywhere north of the Brisbane river and anywhere South of it , but apparently not ? ... Will maps be available with the entry forms ? ...Would Manly etc be classed as Northern by what I have read here ?...sorry to be confusing/confused...but it might affect what series I have to enter if I decide to do so

All information is on the King of Moreton Basy website. I have copied the relevant part below:

COMPETITION BOUNDARIES

1. For the “King of the Northern Bayâ€, the southern boundary is Potts Point and the northern boundary is an imaginary line dawn between Skirmish Point and Comboyuro Point and also the Bribie Island Bridge. The eastern boundary is an imaginary line drawn between Reeders Point and Amity Point.

2. For the “King of the Southern Bayâ€, the northern boundary is Potts Point and the southern boundary is the Sundale Bridge across the Nerang River. The eastern boundaries are 100 metres further east of Swan Bay at Jumpinpin Bar and a line drawn out North from the Seaway Tower across the Seaway.

3. For the “King of Moreton Bay†Grand Final, teams can fish anywhere in the 2 areas outlined above.

4. NO INLAND LAKES OR PONDS CAN BE FISHED.

G'day Orca, was just having a quick read through the rules and I have a quick question relating to the scoring.

"SCORING FOR FISH CAUGHT

The points awarded for fish caught will vary according to species and length. The points tables will be published in the Tournament Angler Guide which will be available at the Briefing. In general terms, the angler will get points relating to the length of the fish caught as long as it meets the minimum size for the species.

To reward anglers who catch larger fish, double points will be awarded once a fish is over a certain size. The winning team will be the team who has accumulated the most points. Individual awards will be made using the same rules."

Will there be a number limit on fish? i.e - do you enter your best 5 of the chosen species for example? or is it just get as many fish as you can and enter them all?

Cheers - Jono

G'day Orca, was just having a quick read through the rules and I have a quick question relating to the scoring.

"SCORING FOR FISH CAUGHT

The points awarded for fish caught will vary according to species and length. The points tables will be published in the Tournament Angler Guide which will be available at the Briefing. In general terms, the angler will get points relating to the length of the fish caught as long as it meets the minimum size for the species.

To reward anglers who catch larger fish, double points will be awarded once a fish is over a certain size. The winning team will be the team who has accumulated the most points. Individual awards will be made using the same rules."

Will there be a number limit on fish? i.e - do you enter your best 5 of the chosen species for example? or is it just get as many fish as you can and enter them all?

Cheers - Jono

Catch as many as you can. We have based our scoring model on the Gold Coast Flathead Classic which i have fished for many years and it seems to work ok

Thanks for the reply regarding "boundaries"...I missed that on the webpage link...considering , considering , maybe , I will think about it , a comp that basically means no travel if you don't want to is certainly tempting...

we have tried to make this comp as user friendly as possible and also appealing to a very wide range of anglers

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick reminder that entries close on Wednesday 15th June for the first round of the Southern qualifier. I look forward to seeing some of you there. Rememeber Yaksters and land based teams are also able to enter this event. Over $30,000 of prizes are up for grabs.

Please visit www.austackle.com.au for full information and entry forms can also be downloaded from there.

Cheers

Mike Cole

Archived