How do I edit my posts

coldasjoe

Hi guys

Im new to this site

This might sound like a dumb question but how do I edit my posts ?

I know when you first post you can edit for little while but then after few days the edit icon disappears.

Also is it possible for me to delete my threads or posts which are no longer relevant or needed

cheers

JOE

I have noticed that some posts that are a few weeks old have lossed there pictures and you cannot edit your post. I think its due to the upgrade of this site ;):)

Members can edit their posts within 7 days of making the post.

Members cannot delete posts (including their own).

If posts have missing images please let me know and we can fix if we have the images in a backup.

I reckon its handy to be able to update or edit classifieds posts so that the first post has the most up to date info. This poses a problem if the item/s sell or the price is reduced after seven days. There's nothing worse than wading through pages of back and forth only to find out an item is sold.

The inability of a seller to edit a post is s good idea for buyer protection. Clarification of facts if something is in dispute is the least AFO can do to protect members from others imo.

I've noted some sellers have changed details after the sale has been made, which I find unusual.

The inability of a seller to edit a post is s good idea for buyer protection. Clarification of facts if something is in dispute is the least AFO can do to protect members from others imo.

I've noted some sellers have changed details after the sale has been made, which I find unusual.

Yeah that's definitely a good point Brian

Members can edit their posts within 7 days of making the post.

Members cannot delete posts (including their own).

If posts have missing images please let me know and we can fix if we have the images in a backup.

I reckon its handy to be able to update or edit classifieds posts so that the first post has the most up to date info. This poses a problem if the item/s sell or the price is reduced after seven days. There's nothing worse than wading through pages of back and forth only to find out an item is sold.

Yes this along lines of what im thinking also to be able to declutter threads and combine in one.

We have to remember this is a forum and that is the nature of forums.

There are the auction sites that offer the alternatives, but for a fee and limited term.

If you have a read of the sticky thread in the For Sale section you will see there is a method to keep your For Sale threads free of clutter.

We do not allow editing after 7 days for several reasons, but the primary reason is to keep the integrity of the thread. 7 days gives member's enough grace to edit posts we believe if they need to correct spelling, update with some images etc. If a member wants to add information after this time it would be best in anycase to respond to the latest message of the thread and post a reply instead of editing.

Archived