Berkley dropshot on baitrunner 4500b ?

Getting a rig ready for the jewie season. Put on layby today a shimano baitrunner 4500b. going to load it up with 30lb sunline super pe. Wondering what rod to match it up to? Only wanna spend upto $150 on rod.

I really like the Berkley dropshot 6'10" 8-12kg, but before I grab one would like to know if anyone else has tried this combination and any other opinions/advice on a better setup?

Will use this set up from yak, tinne and landbased mainly in the seaway/broadwater and coomera river systems. Cheers Rob

I have a Wilson 7' similar weight to that you wanna buy. It only cost $60. Was going for the Berkeley too but dropped by BCF and got the deal.

Love the rod, now paired with an okuma baitrunner 6500. Meant it to pair with the shimano baitrunner 6500 but the reel seat does not fit, yet. It'd fit after I use it more lol.

So I guess, bring your reel to be sure it fits lol

I have a Wilson 7' similar weight to that you wanna buy. It only cost $60. Was going for the Berkeley too but dropped by BCF and got the deal.

Love the rod, now paired with an okuma baitrunner 6500. Meant it to pair with the shimano baitrunner 6500 but the reel seat does not fit, yet. It'd fit after I use it more lol.

So I guess, bring your reel to be sure it fits lol

Thanks, good point I never even thought about weather it will fit. I'm getting the reel from tackleworld so I'm sure they will have dropshot to try it on. Cheers rob

Archived