Tips for making a live well

Runty66

hey all,

I've been talking to Dan25 about all the electric motor bass completion's going round..

Been reading all the rules, and one thing is that I've got to use a live bait well to keep the fish alive.. Dan told me some tips for the live bait well.. but just wondering if anyone know's the best way to do it for a tinny??? So fare Dan's idea of an esky with a small bilge pump sounds good..

any one got any ideas ??

Cheers,

James

i'm no expert, but that would be your cheapest option, you could try and find one to fit under that casting deck you just made.

i'm making one from an esky, bilge and 2x 12v 7 amp hour batteries in parallel at the moment, the pump i'm looking at draws 2 amps so i should get a good life out of it before i need to recharge. also going to add a plug to the set-up so i can plug it into the boats house battery to run it for extened periods and also charge as the boat is underway.

mate not sure if u wanna use it but have a big rectangular type bucket with rounded corners could lye it on its side and cut a hole in the top maybe 650 long by 300-400 high by 300 wide if u lye it down upto you mate will take pictures tomorrow morning if u would like to have a look

Ha thanks ross.. Would that hold 60 liters ???

Thanks for the picture and idea Ross..

Ill have a look round tomorrow if i can find something that fits my tinny well...

Thanks guys,

Ill start it tomorrow.. lucky I've got a spare bilge pump so im just gonna use that :)

Archived