Virgin Mobile - WTF

Woodlaz

G'day people, I can't figure this s**t out. Sry if it's a bit long.

Ok, so a couple of years ago I purchased a pre-paid sim from virgin. I had to hand over my license details and stuff due to terrorism stuff. I understand that (still stupid but I understand).

I wanted to recharge the sim ONLINE - but at the time I didn't have a credit card so I used my wifes card.

I now have my own credit card, in my name. I went to recharge it with MY CARD - MY NAME (the name that is on the account) but was informed that I have exceeded the maximum number of credit cards to use on that account and to call a number to get it reset.

I called the number, and informed them of it. NOW THIS IS WHAT BAFFLES ME

The representative for virgin informed me that to get it reset and to use MY OWN card - i would have to send them 100 points of ID...... WHAT THE F**K??????

I'm trying to use my own NAME, my own CC on my own ACCOUNT but I have to prove my identity to them AGAIN? I have already proven who I am when I bought the sim.

Also, why didnt they ask for this 100points of ID when I used my wifes CC (a different name to the account holder - ME). To use a different card shouldnt matter to them - they still get their money.

I'm confused????

Anyone got an answer as to why this is so?

Cheers

Glenn

Yah, I asked the rep WHY do I have to??? She just repeated herself saying the only way is to send us 100 points of ID.

If I got a valid response or a genuine reason then I would.

Also, she told me I could just go and buy a voucher from any virgin mobile outlet or reseller etc. That makes me think that it isnt a security reason (due to the fact I can buy a voucher anywhere to recharge)

Still can't figure this out - do they want my updated ID stuff to sell to the black market so my identity gets stolen???

Still baffled :S :huh::unsure::blink:

Yeah mate we've had similar experiences with Virgin, problem is we're on contract and have 18 months left. They're cheap for sure but customer service and reception leave a lot to be desired and I'll definitely be switching providers once the contract period is up.

Hey Ant just remember Virgin Mobile uses Optus' network, if your not happy with the reception and want to change providers then don't use Optus either as it's the same network.

Yeah mate we've had similar experiences with Virgin, problem is we're on contract and have 18 months left. They're cheap for sure but customer service and reception leave a lot to be desired and I'll definitely be switching providers once the contract period is up.

Hey Ant just remember Virgin Mobile uses Optus' network, if your not happy with the reception and want to change providers then don't use Optus either as it's the same network.

Thanks Manni, nah it'll be Telstra mate, we've just changed all our work mobiles over from Vodafone to Telstra and the difference is phenomenal. Also never had a problem anywhere when with Telstra years ago, I've been with Optus as well and they're not good, I'm willing to put up with paying a little more to get the reception benefits.

Archived