ID please barwon banks fish

piscione88

To identify a fish properly you need it lying flat to get its tail shape etc and remove anything from its mouth to see all its features but having a stab at it i would also call it a fusilier and 1 of my favourite live baits for the surface

To identify a fish properly you need it lying flat to get its tail shape etc and remove anything from its mouth to see all its features but having a stab at it i would also call it a fusilier and 1 of my favourite live baits for the surface

Just googled fusiliers for interests sake as the ones we call fusiliers around Mackay are totally different colours to this one - turns out there are heaps of differnet varieties. Agree with Tugger - we use them around the islands off Mackay for Spanish Mackeral (along with Stripeys) and they swim strongly and seem to work. With regards to their taste, the variety we have caught have tasted quite good. My brother used to catch heaps when bottom fishing for coral trout etc was quiet or when they were picking our baits to shreds on the way down. Tiny hook required but they fight really well and all seemed a decent size. Was better than going home with nothing .....

Archived