Barge with yak to Straddie or Moreton

Greenmachine

I have read a few of you guys take your yaks over to the islands by barge. I am thinking of doing the same but not sure where and when. In Summer Id like to do an allnighter sharking, only using the yak to take baits out and the getting the hell back in. I'm keen to do a day trip though and fish from yak. Is it worth while in winter during the day or should I just wait till it warms up? Also what species to target? I want to spend as much time as possible fishing so dont want to venture too far from the barge landing points so trying to workout which island would give me the best possibillity of the best fish.

So was wondering what experiences have you had and any advice you could throw my way would be much appreciated! :)

$30 to take your yak to Dunwich from the Cleveland barge. Trevs and kingies with a chance of squid at the moment and all the usual suspects too. Peel is a leisurely 2km from there if you get bored with the trevally. Its $100 to walk on to the Moreton Island barge and drops you just north of the Tangers wrecks, current can rip through there in summer though.

Archived