Nordic Stage help

Malcolm

I;m going to buy one of the 3 rods in the AFO shop

Which one would be the best?

I've never had an ultra light rod before.I want to use it for light plastics and lures mainly targeting Flatties and Squire in the bay and Brissie River from a boat and will be matched with a 1000 size reel.

Angus and Henry don't be afraid to speak up as I know you are both using them and you also know I'm a dodgee fisho :)

Mate for squire and flatties go the Jaeger or Sharpshooter.

Although Dan will tell you otherwise as he cant leave the Gunslinger alone!

Mate these rods have some similarities and minor differences, it really can come down to your preference in length? We have thoroughly abused the hell out of all of the models and the only failure we have had has been through poor use.

In my opinion for your needs though I would be suggesting the Jaeger or Shaprshooter. :)

Angus

Got to go the Gunslinger

I am running a Daiwa Fuego 1500 with 4lb on mine and its perfect. Casts a mile and you can really work the plastics or lures, and can basically feel if the lure is performing well or not. It has enough power for big flatties and good size snapper.

You wont be dissappointed which ever rod you pick. :)

Hey Malcolm

I have owned and used the NS rods since the boys got them in the country and have used these rods from fishing in canals to rock fishing on the tweed coast lol !!!

I would suggest buying a Jager to start with..... yes start with as I'm sure the collection will grow after you've bought one.

It's easily matched from a 1000 or 2000 series reel

On mine I use a Daiwa Certate Hi Gear Custom 2000, the rod will cast small lures a mile and when loaded up you will always feel in control feeling a fair bit of power all the way through the rod to the butt !!

Flatties, Small Queenies, Bass, Trevs, Tailor... the list goes on and he rod will deliver !!!

I will also agree with Dan the gunslinger also is great for the reasons he listed but the Jager is a great all rounder :)

Check out this vid :) I used the sharpshooter with a Steez 2508 and Dan used the Gunslinger Fuego combo

You will see these rods in action and may help in your decision :)

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMmG_-Q1D2A

Archived