Late arvo session in the Nerang.

cy1301

Hi guys,

looking out the window seeing how theres no wind, I really wanted to go for a fish as the last trip was a big donut for me.

Called up Youngy but as he was going whiting fishing with another person later that arvo, I ended up having lunch with him instead. Sent him home and drove to Gem's for $20 of blood worms. Geez they are expensive .... barely 8 worms. Oh well, I know they work.

Got home and rigged up the boat and drove down to the local boat ramp. I really wanted to blood my new reel (Daiwa Certate 1500) so I was playing with top water for a bit. Finally got a bream on a Ecogear PX45. Anyway, was being eaten alive by mozzies so I scoot.

Met up with Youngy at his spot to see how he was doing and as I was leaving, trying to avoid his lines, Youngy shouted "COENNNNNNN" Turned around and his line ended up being up in my prop. :blush: :blush: Sorry Wayne. :P

I tried one spot that normally fires for me but its just breams.

I pulled anchor and went downstream. As I was getting ready to anchor up again, I saw another boat and all three guys on the boat was fighting a fish! Looking closely, Trevs are actually busting up on the far side of the canal!! I quickly rigged up a 2-4kg rod with the new Rarenium and casted out a stick bait. As I was reeling in the stickbait I could see waves behind it. Adrenaline pumping stuff. Very visual. Got my first Trev of the day in and it measure about 42cm. Back in the water it goes. Saw some fishes under a jetty going crazy and cast as near as possbile to it and I was on again. YYeeahhhh ... I was really happy. Felt like a really good fish but after a while the line went slack. :( Hooks straightened.

post-9434-144598718243_thumb.jpg

^%$*%(^%(&)(& Tied another one on and had to move down stream abit more to get the next one. This last one is a bit bigger measuring at 44cm I think. I was losing light and only took a pic with my phone. Fishes disappeared and I called it a day :)

post-9434-144598718252_thumb.jpg

Tight line guys,

Coen

thats awesome Coen, well done, i hade a similar time on Tuesday morning around Sovereign Island, but it went on for about an hour,ended up landing 15, great fun on light line, but many of my trebles were also straightened.

Have to change them to owners before I go out next time ..... I reckon they will be there again tomorrow. :)

Archived