1770 / Awoonga Christmas

mickzxc

Heading to 1770 for the Christmas break and plan on doing a few decent days fishing, or at least as much as the missus can bear. I've never been to either place so looking for a bit of advice. . . .

Does anyone know how Awoonga is finishing at the moment? And i am better of casting or trolling?

What the 1770 bar like to cross and any tips for the area would be appreciated.

Thanks

From the little i heard off a guy who owns a houseboat that he rents up there the fish are spread thin, i think you would need to do a fair bit of distance.

I was told that plastics on the bottom during the day bounced along then evening for hardbodies, plot a nice course on a gps during the day and then do that again at night.

Seemed to work for us before all the flood stuff happened, I ended up with 4 fish hooked 3 landed for me in a few days, 3 on plastics during the day and one on a hardbody twitched harshly at night

http://www.fishawoonga.com.au/contact.htm

Awoonga tours...

Or you can get a video from BCF.. I think they still sell, very hard if you dont know where your going is all...

1770... you can get pelagics without a boat here it's fantastic.....

The end very point either side of the light house on metals or big baits on top of the water will produce Gt's, Queenies and the main one in 1770 Mackerel..... Ask the locals there they are in huge numbers trolling the rocks around the headland... Or throwing metal lures at the green beacon on the left side of the lighthouse carpark will do the trick.... Or There is a few Goat tracks near the carpark one that requires you to cross through some heavy waves on the ocean side this is the where the guns go to get the big fish, is very dangerous and must scope out in the day before attempting night fishing. Get there early morning eg. 4am or sunset... Ask the locals for more info at bait shop on the way into town they are very helpful....

Archived