tackle shops in phuket?

neal82

half ya luck going for a work trip!!

Was over there in May just gone and i didnt see any obvious ones, however i think i spotted a local shop in old phuket town. Cant remember exactly where it was though....

Would love to know myself as im heading back this May...

hi mate,

not too sure about Phuket but if you are stopping over at Bangkok, its definitely worth your while to check out 7Seas Pro Shop (www.7seasproshop.com/main.php). The shop is enormous and they carry a massive range of tackle gear at a pretty decent price.

hope that helps

glenn

Mate i was over in Phuket 7 months ago and found 1 local shop down some side street, thay did Not speak english and the cost of reels/lures were alot $$$$$$$$$........I then went to Bangkok for a few week and found there are alot more tackle stores over there but still the price that they are asking for reels/lures you could get it cheeper back home :)

Anyway enjoy your trip, and leave the ladyboys alone :woohoo: :lol::lol:

Cheers

Darren

Are you going to a conference up there by chance in early March?

There will be a meeting or 2 and some informal chat between us workers and management. Some bonding over drinks, scooter riding etc. its not a formal conference or anything mate just our dealership taking us away for a few days as just reward for a years hard work.

Are you there for an actual conference?

Hi mate,

i was there in NOV '11 and found a stall at the Phuket Town night markets (not patong) the guy seemed really friendly but had a limited selection at the market. He told me he had a shop in Phuket Town with lots of gear, unfortunately it was one of the last days of my trip so i didnt make it to the shop, but i did pick up heaps of gamakatsu hooks for about $1 per pack of 6 and a med sized lip gripper for ~$10. I have the dudes business card, but its in Thai, ill post it for ya!

Hope this helps

post-10137-144598754549_thumb.jpg

post-10137-144598754558_thumb.jpg

Archived