Moreton Is again sat 18/2

hedge05

Hi everyone sorry about the late post been a bit busy .Anyway headed to moreton sat morn with my mate wayne and fella from work luke .Wind was still up a bit and was a pretty sloppy ride over got to about 7 to half mtr waves crashing on the beach and some ominous clouds coming our way .Crap going to have to anchor out a bit wet ass 1st thing in the morning great got onto the beach what was left of it with the the high tide and big waves this wasn't looking good .Anyway Wayne baits up ands in the water while get organized bang he's on good fish asks me to grab the net this is were it gets funny for everyone but me as i'm standing in the shallows ready to net the fish a big wave bumps and i've lost the fish in the suds and sand i feel the line around my legs and the fish near my foot i pulled away and bang i've got the hook in my toe and it's still attached to the fish which decides to go crazy all my helpful mates could do was piss themselves laughing as i roll around in the shallows to get the hook out of my foot got it out and land a nice lizard 65cm pb for wayne .After that the heavens open and we were all soaked Lukes on next nice fish 48cm 1st lizard for him after that we spread out and the boys were getting fish but i couldnt take a trick dropped fish missed hookups just couldn't get one .Finally i get 1 small fish mid 30's and another mid 30's 1 more at 41cm finally a keeper walk back to the fellas to get some bait theyve got a couple of lizards each and a couple of nice bream .I couldn't land another 1 fished all morning and had 1 lizard at 41cm by this time the tide was getting low so the boys had a break but i was going to get 1 .Keep casting finally i get a good hit and off it goes zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz feels like a good fish call out to the boys to get net as it takes off again i see a stingray in the shallow crap a stingray then another good run zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz with some head shakes this isn't a stingray.Get the lizard to the shallows good fish 76cm tried to get hooks out but couldn't so cut leader gave her a swim and off she cruised .Ended up with 14 lizards from 41 to 65 and 6 bream 28 to 33 Wayne pb 65cm lizard Luke pb 54cm lizard and me pb lizard 76cm .Another great day apart from the bad start hope this keeps up thanks for reading see ya . I put in a photo of the 72cm lizard from last week also it's the 1 that i have dry clothes on .

post-4657-14459875914_thumb.jpg

Archived