Mud or Peel Island?

spilt milk

Hey guys im planning on heading out for an early morning fish tomorrow with the original plan to head out to Mud around 4am. I went down to the tackle shop to get some bait and was chatting to one of the guys who recommended going to Peel instead because of the rain and releases from wivenhoe the fishing hasn't been too great out there.

I still have my heart set on going to Mud as i know my way out there in the dark and have found a few good spots over there, i have never fished Peel before and am not too familar with the place, so basically wanted to gather peoples thoughts one where would be the better place to go?

cheers

dave

I don't know too much about mud, but peel island produces some good squire, sweetlip and other regular bay species. Try off the southern point of horseshoe bay (the sandy beach on the southern side of the island) around the rocky point and towards the wreck.

Horseshoe bay can get pretty busy though, and some saturdays can see it resemble a seen from that movie Pirahna!

Other guys on this site should have some better advice.

Good luck! :)

im heading out to mud sunday, i reckon it will still be fine out there, fished it afew weekend ago and during all the big rain fall, it hasnt affected it abit.

Peel isnt too hard to get too but it is pretty shallow in bites and in the dark i reckon you should just stick to mud as you know it better. :)

Cheers guys

Ended up going out to Mud pretty early this morning, glad i did it was a great little session caught about 20 squire biggest was 35cm smallest was 25, a few grassies around the 25 mark and a grinner thrown in for good measure. Fished the north eastern side, the water looked pretty good out there but the bite died off about an hour after high tide so i cruised in to the shallows but didnt have any luck there.

Also saw plugger fly past when i was heading home, that thing is a beast didnt take him long to disappear in to the horizon

Archived