Fishing Friend

Ovington

Hi all,

Im Shane and have just moved to Brisbane to study at UQ (Bachelor of Marine Science). I am located in south Brisbane and know very few people, I've essentially dedicated the last 10years of my life to fishing and wish to continue to do so. Im no pro but have fished enough to have a good idea and enough that ive spent ten of thousnads of dollars on the sport. I currently don't have a boat as I left it at home as I require a lockable garage to store it in but will get it up here when I find a better location to live. I really hope to meet some people up here with a similar passion to me and hope to find some fishing buddies. I have had solid experience in both finesse (bream and Bass) as well as inshore and offshore fishing (jews-Tuna/Marlin) and would love to get into it all up here also.

If theres anybody out there who wouldnt mind dragging me along on a fishing trip one day whether its land based carp fishing or chasing 1000lb blue marlin I would be thrilled to join you. I have all the gear from Tiagra 50s to Heartland 2000s to just let me know!!!

Cheers, Shane

Welcome aboard mate!

Keep a close eye on the going fsihing section for deckie spots and the fishing events section for organised socials.

Failing that, I attend UQ myself and have caught Jew, Bream, Flathead and Cod 10 minutes walk from the Quad :)

Give me a PM sometime if you are keen to give it a hit up.

Angus

Thanks for a warm welcome guys and ill be sure to keep my eyes peeled on that section of the site for any opportunities that may arise. Haha Unless steal them out of my hands while i sleep no one will be getting their hands on my precious gear :silly: Ill deffinatley take you up on that offer mate, would love to have a bit of a bash around the uni area. Can't believe the uni doesnt have a fishing club!!!! they have every other club ha

Archived