New to Brissy

Hein

Hey all,

Im fairly new to Brisbane and wanna do some land based fishing on the Brisbane River. I have heard along Breakfast Creek/Newstead Park are a good place to fish and was wondering if it would be worth my while giving it a go.

Im not asking for any ones secret fishing locations but if any one could steer me in the right direction, that would be great.

Thanks in advance!!! :)

Newstead/Brekky Crk is no secret.

People target Jew, Threadies, little bull sharks, bream and an occasional flathead as by-catch there.

If fishing out to the deeper part of the river you will need some decent weight as the current rips around the corner at Force speed. Probably a clue there to fish at the slacker part of the tides. ;) Favoured baits are big fresh (possibly live) banana prawns, herring and mullet.

this time last year we were getting 3-8 jew every morning we fished there and a few threadfin but nothing to big, also the broad walk at the very end of newstead goes alright on a incoming tide, get your live mullet/prawns from the boat ramp and breakfast creek wharf (no snags there).

Archived