Night Session around Harries

blairv

Hey all

Couldn't get on the water to 8.30 last night due to family stuff but headed out with CraigA to have a poke around Harries and some new areas that Shane had shared with me.

It would have had to be one of the best nights weather wise I have seen on the Bay in a while. It was warm, full moon and hardly a ripple on the water - a great night to be fishing for sure.

This started a little slow as we did a few drifts with lots of snapper landed but only a single keeper. We were then joined by a pod of dolphins for the next few hours that did not help matters much eating all the small fish we threw back and keeping the bigger ones away (well that is my excuse!!)

So after saying goodnight to the dolphins we headed back over to the Tiwi Pearl and dropped anchor just up current. We soon had a solid Snapper in the high 40s and a nice Sweetlip in the high 30s. Last cast of the night Craig hooked onto a monster snapper which wanted to get back to the wreck more than our boat. Craig gave a good fight but in the end the fish reefed him.

Otherwise a good night with fantastic conditions and some fish to bring home

Well done mate

Atleast you got on to some fish

Did you end up using the mack tuna for bait.

See that little one i showed you yesterday. It lasted in the water for literally 1 minute. Something took it and straight into a reef. Locked drag too couldnt stop it. Pretty quite day for us too

Thanks for report

Sounds like a pretty typical Harries night, Blair. Dolphins :evil: :evil: :evil:

Have never dome the Tiwi, how far is it from Harries ?

Also, I nearly missed reading this as it was in the Saltwater forum. I have moved it to the section "Fishing Reports" / "Islands and Moreton Bay Reports" where members look for the latest reports :)

Well done mate

Atleast you got on to some fish

Did you end up using the mack tuna for bait.

See that little one i showed you yesterday. It lasted in the water for literally 1 minute. Something took it and straight into a reef. Locked drag too couldnt stop it. Pretty quite day for us too

Thanks for report

Shane those marks you showed me were pretty good - lots of fish but I figure teh dolphins played a bit of havoc - we certainly got lots of activity there.

Used some of the Mack Tuna and the fish loved it!!

Sounds like a pretty typical Harries night, Blair. Dolphins :evil: :evil: :evil:

Have never dome the Tiwi, how far is it from Harries ?

Also, I nearly missed reading this as it was in the Saltwater forum. I have moved it to the section "Fishing Reports" / "Islands and Moreton Bay Reports" where members look for the latest reports :)

Ellicat - yep the dolphins on one hand are a pain but on the other hand I could watch them for hours - they are awesome creatues and even with 4 lines out ot was amazing how they could swin around them. They look pretty cool at night with the full moon - very ghost like in the water.

Tiwi Pearl is at the bottom end of Harries (western end I guess) - it fishes well but is usually crowded and it is easy to get bricked by a big fish. Taking the TLD next time to try to even things up a bit. :dry:

Archived