Want to buy a baitcaster.....Curado?

Gcarj

Ive been using a cheap firestorm rod and reel combo my father in law bought a while back from BCF for $50. The reel broke finally after 2 years of pretty solid use. I now love these things and was thinking of a Shimano Curado.

Who has one of these? Are they any good?

I will be using it for squire, bream and what ever else thats wants to come home for dinner.

What size should i get? Would the 7:1 gear ratio be better to get then the 6:1 or doesnt matter.

Cheers

I dont

I have a curado 200d hsv, and even tho it's a bigger size reel It is still very light and easy to use and can handle a lot of bigger fish, I've got it match with a 4-8 kg pflugger trion and it is a really nice setup you should be very happy with a curado, and the 7:1 gear ratio is so much better IMO if your chasing tuna or fast moving fish with slugs etc, hope that helps

Cheers ryan

charlton's bait n tackle has the 50e for $180 special sale.

$180......... Thats a good price! I know there is the later G model but shouldnt matter

That's the reason they are on special, but the new ones are made in Malaysia and the old ones are the last of the Jap models, I stood there for a long time playing with one before regrettably deciding to walk away :(

charlton's bait n tackle has the 50e for $180 special sale.

$180......... Thats a good price! I know there is the later G model but shouldnt matter

That's the reason they are on special, but the new ones are made in Malaysia and the old ones are the last of the Jap models, I stood there for a long time playing with one before regrettably deciding to walk away :(

Mate we can't afford to buy AFO if you keep buying new reels!

Archived