AFO Event Marketing Research

AFO

Please take the time answer these guys. It will only take you a few moments.

Based on nightly traffic we should see hundreds of responses.

Even if you have never entered an event, consider why? What would get you there? What would put you off?

We are working very hard to formulate a spread of events that is sustainable. As the article suggests, at present some events are not sustainable (as in they cost us more to host than they return). We love running each and every one but cannot continue to do so in their present formats with present attendee levels.

The surveys have been really informative so far so thank you. Low cost, social events seem to be popular which I guess is not surprising. The reason we ask for a fair bit of detail with these surveys is so we can work out how to provide a format that appeals to majority of people, but is feasible to run from both a financial and time management point of view.

Cheers and look forward to analysing more feedback!

Angus

IMO I think you have this the wrong way around, out of the 10000 members how many logged on in the last 3 months? I would guess about 2000 so that's 8000 non returning members, then why arent people coming back to the forum if there were 10000 members who were active there would be more people going to the comps, my figures maybe be off but you get the idea 

Cheers Tim 

Tim that's just the nature of forums.

Especially ones this old.

People come and go over time or only stay briefly in the first place.

I think you would struggle to find any forum with 10k members that had even half that active.

I myself have signed up to dozens in the past and either never been back or only stayed briefly.

Angus

I myself has signed up to dozens in the past and either never been back or only stayed briefly.

Angus

me too

i'm a member of heaps heaps heaps of forums and sites ,i only visit a few regularly .

the others i lost interest in or go there to find out info or just don't have the time.

But this is my point why did you lose interest

I understand your point sorry ipk18. I didnt mean that to sound like a total dismissal.

My point was I think this site vs others actually has a high retention (over 35%) of members returning as opposed to low.

Once mentioned before the nature of long lasting forums would suggest this % be lower not higher.

I can accept that people come and go, or grow out of something (we all do). Our monthly log ins are in the thousands, so there are plenty of actual users that for whatever reason "lurk" I would to hear from.

By the way I can also fully accept that some people quite simply may not want to be social with this, or any group! Thats totally cool as well! But for the site to continue it would be nice to know how much said people do value the existance of the site so they could contribute in some way.

the losing interest thing is just me ,i get bored with thing easily or i have found out what i need and learned all i need so i start something new .

i have even gorn quite on afo for a while as i was just to busy with work to fish and just lurked for a while ,but the variety of posts and members keep me coming back.

• 1 month later...

Archived