Tailor

BIG DAVE 1

Not land based,

If you want to fish for tailor land based, you really need to find some surf gutters at dawn or dusk.

If your desperate I have heard yrans of getting them off the Jetties, such as Woody Point and Shorncliffe, manly harbour, but I reckon there might be a lot of water between them.

Dave don't laugh but here's one for the memory banks.

Boyds Bay Bridge Tweed River May and June full moon midnight. You will get more then you want. They school up there every year. Use small metal spinners, floating live prawns, purple or black plastics or pillys.

Another hot spot that I have been too is the southern tip of Nth Straddie (The Pin) but from land, so I suppose you need a 4 wheele drive.

But from what I've heard the rock wall at Manly after dark is also a good chance.

But don't forget Boyds Bay Bridge - it goes off.

land based... not too many spots... like feral said deeper gutters in surf at dawn and dusk...

i no a spot at nudgee beach about half way between the little jetty and the boat ramp pontoon that produces some tailor on high tide but not sure what season :S winter i think...

i got quite a few tailor on the tweed river... i think its the same bridge where brian is talking about... though they didnt care what you threw at them as long as it was fast moving they ate it!

we saw one tailor at manly... mainly we saw trevs and long tom!

troy

if ya just want to catch some tailor for sport....go to luggage point ( poo chute) at the mouth of the brisbane river....ya can get em on pillys or ya can spin em up on metal lures...the best tailor i have seen caught there went bout 2 1/2 kg......dunno bout eating them from there thou:unsure: but its good fun to tangle some nice size tailor there......but car secrurity there can be a problem:(

yeah id be more chasing them for sport if i was fishing at the \"POO CHUTE\" but this htursday depending on how well i feel (im sick at the moment) i might try for them at noosa in woods bay and the mouth. Hopefully there will be a nice school on bait fish getting muched up by tailor.

DAVE

Dave on Sunday we saw two get caught just at Manly Marina.

One by terry on a 3'' Powerbait.

One by a random on a Hardbody. (His was a decent size).

If they come all the way into the marina there must be a few off the breakwall there as well.

Angus

Trolling is always the best method to catching fish on lures, and as your out on a boat, why not? :S :P

I have heard about Luggage Point a lot. But what's the difference of eating a Flathead caught there and one 100m up the river? It's been through the same water hasn't it? Nabeel has caught Mackeral there so why not Tailor as well?

Troy

Archived