New To BNE area... Well sort of..

muttang

Hey guys my name is Cam and while I have been living in Dipswich for a couple of year now, my love from fishing had disappeared over the last few years due to finding another love of motorbike riding... Anyway its a waste to have my boat (4.6 Stacer Baymaster sports) sitting in my driveway so I am keen to start fishing again. I am a toowoomba boy originally but I am in the Air Force (17 years) and moved up after a number of years from Newcastle... Hence why I done alot of fishing... Anyway I keen to venture out to Mud Island.... I would really appreciate if someone one day could either take me out there, either in their boat or mine and show me a thing or two... What requirements do you need for your boat to go there as its a bit confusing on the website- is it enclosed waters? Radio? EPIRB?

Thanks

Cam

You need everything besides the epirb. it is classed as partially smooth waters as with anywhere inside moreton bay

Its not far to go on a nice day, there is plenty of structure in close and if you sound over near any of the cardinal markers early on in the day im sure you will pick up some fish whether you prefer lures or bait theres plenty of babys there, finding the bigger ones requires a bit of knowledge and finesse IMO.

Hi cam welcome to the site, i too would like to venture into new grounds ie pass peel island and head north. If you want we can make arrangements one day to venture out together as i live just around the corner churchill.

cheers,

astro

Archived