Pinkenba Boat ramp and off to the Hospital!!!!

thriller

:(

I am posting this on behalf of a person I met today.

I saw the aftermath of a poor bloke whom took a fall at the waters edge adjacent to the filleting station at Pinkemba Boat ramp, It was ugly. At a guess he was in for at least 5-10 stitches to his palm, he also had skin off his legs and blood all over the place.

I am wondering why after all the money was spent to pretty up the place, why wasn't some sand or gravel pumped in on the up stream side of the ramp and some stairs installed? it is a useless area at the moment.

you cant even run you boat up there, and as demonstrated you cant access the river there by foot. lucky the bloke didn't slice his wrist open, could have been a whole lot worse.

Get well soon mate, I guess you had several needles and a scrub to your wounds.

Makes my spine tingle just thinking about it.

I hope someone on here with council connections can have this little public safety issue attended to asap.

Kind Regards

Michael.

yeh that was my mate that fell down the rocks. he ended up getting 6 stitches from his hand down to his wrist, along with multiple other cuts down his body. u would definitely think after spending all that money they would have put something a little less slippery there. Anyway that is the way it goes. lol.

Archived