Frustrating Weekend!

ghendoaus

:pinch:

I went out Friday mid morning after get some work done put in at Dholes rocks got some livies up the creeks trying for a jack or 2. No go went through about 20 mullet in 3 hours also chucking plastics and HB's but didn't boat a fish until late in the day - you guessed it.. catfish!

Saturday was supposed to be windy so up to the Caboolture river I go.. 4 hours wasted, water the colour of coffee and no even a bite.

Sunday arvo back to Dholes rocks - I'm thinking I'll get some lives and this time I'll get a jack for sure! I couldn't even catch livies!!! :angry: Wind blowing, waves pushing up then the sounder battery went flat. I called it a day and went home. Maybe I'll do better next weekend!

Thanks for the report graeme,

Think i might leave it another week before i go jack looking,

Havent fished in weeks,

Hopefully catch up soon mate

HI Josh,

I'm taking you with me next time!! I need some guidance I think.. I fished up nuingi creek today - no fish but came home with about 3/4 kilo prawns. They were a nice consolation prize!! We had them for lunch.

Yeah we had a pretty dismal weekend too. Do you get many jacks on live bait at dholes rocks?

I went for a drive up to caloundra for a look around, water is terrible but give it another week and should clear up again?

We're you boating or yakking?

Hi freedom hawk - No I am yet to boat my first jack! They are very frustrating as far as I am concerned. I get myself in the right locations at seemingly the right times and with all the right gear but still now joy! I own a 4.29 Stacer Nomad. I am really happy with it - tho my watersnake is away for a service ATM. once I get it back I'll be much happier. I should see it next week sometime.

Archived