Harries 10/4/14

RUSSIAN

Hi Guys,

haven't posted a report in a while due to lack of fishing, but Dad and I decided to give Harries ago yesterday afternoon. On the water by about 3pm and fished the pipes. Firstly we jigged up some scarce herring, yakkas and pike and instantly deployed. Just as I was free spooling down a live herring something grabs it so I engage the drag and fight the fish. To my surprise, up came a spottie! The fish was quickly netted and instantly bit through the 20lb leader! Lucky catch i'd say! Quickly changed rigs with some 15lb wire on to reduce bit offs. We got a few more enquiries only to have my little brother drop them - he has MUCH to learn! Saw some jumping longies which came within casts reach but failed to hook up to one. When the sun went down so did the bite. It was found that herring were getting taken most with the yakkas only bagging baby squire. So the days catch was an 80cm spottie and smaller schoolie. Was stoaked to have gotten onto my first spottie, and next up hopefully a longtail!

Thanks

Anthony

post-4681-144599042349_thumb.jpg

post-4681-14459904236_thumb.jpg

Archived