5 days in Sydney...what are my options?

Samrenny

Been a while since I've been here on the forum properly, I've become fairly anti technology of late and hardly use my phone or use anything with a screen much anymore, unless it involves fishing :P

I will be down in Sydney for 5 days starting Thursday visiting my Girlfriend while she is down there for work, which will leave me with Friday and Monday all on my own, which obviously means I'll be fishing in one form or another :whistle:

Now only having ever been to Sydney as a kid once I'm at a loss as to where to begin. I was thinking of buying a Samaki travel rod to take down with my 2500 daiwa freams with 12lb braid, something around the 4-6kg mark. I'm definitely not asking for specific spots here or anything, but if anyone could give me a few tips in regards to options within about 30min of the city Im all ears! I'd love to go chase a few bass, but being so close to the salt I'm happy to give that a go as well. I will be land based, purely catch and release as always, and probably traveling by bus/train/walking, unless I hired a car.

If anyone knows of any decent charter operators in the area that could be an option also, open to ideas!

Cheers!

Your right in the middle of the Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gra festival. Are your sure your meeting your girl friend??? :whistle:

How do I know this? I have to go there for work tomorrow and Wednesday. Otherwise we could have caught up for a drink if the timing worked.

Accommodation was hard to come by. (excuse the play on words) :lol:

Your right in the middle of the Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gra festival. Are your sure your meeting your girl friend??? :whistle:

How do I know this? I have to go there for work tomorrow and Wednesday. Otherwise we could have caught up for a drink if the timing worked.

Accommodation was hard to come by. (excuse the play on words) :lol:

"Work" you say...are you sure this "work" doesn't involve wearing a studded leather G banger on a float? :whistle:

Bad timing though, would have been good to catch up for a drink! And Yes she, and I'd like to reiterate SHE, let me know well in advance but unfortunately that's when I happened to have time off, not favorable timing but oh well, hopefully it means there won't be many people fishing :P

And Thanks for the links Ellicat, gives me a starting point anyway!

Archived