Hornibrook Bridge

Dimo

Today I decided to head out to Hornibrook bridge to wet a line and catch myself my first fish on soft plastics. Well I landed 3 and lost 1. My session started just around the corner off the rocks near the main bridge with a Squidie fish 70mm Killer Tomato on a nitro 1/6 #1 after about 8 casts BANG my rod went crazy. My line just kept going, I slowly started to wind back in, I had it to about 5 meters from me when I noticed it was a Sting ray. I kept winding it in then off it went again, I thought I was gonna get spooled so I decided to Tension my drag a touch. bad decision SNAP it was gone but I was pumped as this was my first taste in fishing with plastics and actually hooking something on. I then decided to go on the bridge and fish of there, Armed with a Squidgie wriggler color Bloodworm on a Squidgy round lead head 1.5grm/#4 after a few casts I landed 2 chopper tailor both just over 30 and 1 whiting undersize. All fish went in to see another day. Well I can now say I am no longer a virgin. I am so wrapped.:)

Archived