Pine River Trips Based On Fishingreminder

PineRiverNoob

Hey guys, just looking at getting some opinions regarding the FishingReminder website. It recommends major and minor fishing times based on tides/moons.

These fall in the 2 hours after a high or low tide and last for approximately 2 hours.

For example, this Saturday using Pine River as an example (my local), FishingReminder lists 

Low tides - 6:04am and 6:27pm ....  Minor times - 7:51am-9:51am, 7:35pm-9:35pm

High tide - 12:00pm .... Major time - 1:43pm-3:43pm

How do these minor and major times compare to everyone else's thinking regarding best time to fish in relation to high/low tide?

Seems pretty accurate for deep water bend on the pine or at Nudgee Beach on the Kedron brook floodway

If I had a choice I would be fishing on (relation 2 tides/time of day) the 7.51am - 9.51am, just after low on the rising or what's not on that post just before high on the rising 10.00am - 12.30pm (later preferred in regards to tide) but I think the location has to come into play for the best tidal phase as well, like some spots fish best on the falling and some on the rising (loose example) so I would choose the prime tide for that certain spot I choose to fish.

Just my opinion on the topic :) 

1 hour ago, PineRiverNoob said:

Just put up a post re your trip even if it is a donut is the easiest way.

Cheers

Ray

1 hour ago, PineRiverNoob said:

Do many of you guys keep "fishing diaries"? Being a newbie, I feel it will definitely help me catch more fish.

Fishing diaries are very helpful, but it gets very confusing if you combine different species and location. So pick a species or location and keep a diary for that so you can work the little buggers out! 

I keep one for longtail tuna and it definitely has helped me a lot and will continue to do so the more entries I put in over the years. 

My rule of thumb goes:

First Preference is given to Sunrise or Sunset

Second Preference goes to a tide change (eg: tailor in the surf last two hours incoming, flathead on flats last 2 hours of outgoing etc )

But ultimately I like any tide change that coincides with a sunset or runrise!

But my biggest general rule is that you have a 100% better chance of catching a fish if you go fishing than you do if you don't!!

On ‎7‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 2:11 PM, PineRiverNoob said:

Do many of you guys keep "fishing diaries"? Being a newbie, I feel it will definitely help me catch more fish.

I keep fishing diarys myself and find that they are quite helpful as you can look back at your old fishing sessions and see what baits, tides, wind speed/direction, etc. are best for your target species at that certain spot.

So it will help you catch more fish in my opinion as you have more knowledge for your target species/spot.  

Archived