Brekkie Creek Jacks

samurai201

Hi everyone, A few weeks ago I decided to try an old favourite location I haven't fished in nearly 20yrs.. It always used to produce decent jew and it was with this in mind that I decided to give it a go on the last half or a run out tide.. I decided to go to with a 4 inch soft plastic prawn pattern that I make myself, and have had huge success with in the past.. My first few casts went untouched,but after 5 minutes I had a huge hit and 8lb braid was peeling off the little emereldas fast.. I managed to turn this fish finally, and a few minutes later a nice jack around 46cm lay at my feet.. I quickly returned it to the water and continued fishing.. Not two casts later near a deep rock bar I hooked another jack and it wasted no time burying me in a submerged crevice,fortunately a few minutes later it swam out and I managed to land it and put a tag in it.. This area has produced a few more since this trip and although not massive I have caught them here to 50cm. Im always happy to release my fish so fellow anglers have a chance to catch such top class fish.. Anyone wanting to catch some of these fish should definitely try the upper reaches of the creek.. lots of prawns there atm and the fish are on the bite

19 hours ago, samsteele115 said:

Great report, thanks for sharing. It certainly seems like you know your stuff to pull quality jacks out of the river consistently... Looking forward to more reports

thanks mate.. ive spent 25yrs sussing the river out for jacks and have found quite a few reliable spots where you can catch them consistently

Archived