Offshore Missiles

tugger

Went through south passage bar on Friday and aimed for some offshore fishing, I had Andrew with me (gloomy samari) and we got some livies on the way out nice big yakkas to which we haven't seen for ages. Once we dropped the anchor we set about getting a livie out on the surface and 1 on the bottom, the big yakkas were for the surface and they worked well.

We started to floatline for reefies once we were set up and got fish straight up plenty of little snapper with the odd bigger thrown in as well as some nice moses perch 1 moses was a stonker. The 1st surface strike stuck and we had a nice Spanish boatside after some blistering runs we were about to have mayhem that morning on the Spanish with strikes from spanairds as soon as the baits were set 1 fish even took it while I was setting the livie. To many Spanish were lost after screaming runs and these fish shaking the hook we would have lost 8 or more fish and boating 2 nice spanairds.

The reef fish were plentiful and a spangled emperor even gave me a tough time taking line on me, 2 bottom livies went off and after hard heavy runs these kingies bust us off on the bottom. We left the fish biting and headed home by midday with the weather perfect it was flat as all the way back to the ramp, the ice slurry firmed the fish well so filleting was easy and beers tasted good.

Here is the final tally

2016-04-23 09.25.45.jpg

6 minutes ago, livaio said:

It is always good to fish on the weekday especially with no one around. 

6 minutes ago, livaio said:

It is always good to fish on the weekday especially with no one around. 

Friday was the last good day before the weather turned up the fan we had a few boats trolling around us probably because they were watching us hooking up

Archived